Employment Related Laws
Our HR Professionals have experience in all employment related laws and can help you determine the best course of action that will minimize risks and costs to your business.
Employment Standards Act
- Help you identify how the Ontario's Employment Standards Act applies to your business and how best to implement policies to ensure that you comply.
- Can help you with Ministry of Labour complaints and inquiries.
Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB)
- The Workplace Safety & Insurance Board provides no-fault insurance to employers in Ontario. This insurance protects employers in the event of a workplace accident, injury or death. Most employers must register with WSIB within 10 days of hiring their first employee.
- Can assist you with registration, premium reporting and managing claims.
Human Rights Code
- The Human Rights Code is a provincial law that affects employers and how they treat their employees.
- Can assist employers with their Human Rights responses to complaints and help employers understand how to avoid getting caught up in a complaint, mediation or tribunal hearing.
Canada Revenue Agency
- Tax experts available to help us understand how employee activities can be impacted by tax law.
Canada Labour Code
- The Canada Labour Code applies to federally regulated businesses (banks, transportation companies, etc.).
- Help you understand how you are impacted by it.
Back to Consulting Services