Learn foundational tools and skills that support effective project management. With 15 years of public sector experience, instructor Penelope Popp, P.Eng., MBA, PMP will lead 8 two hour Zoom sessions over 4 weeks. Customized to the municipal sector, topics include
- Project initiation, planning, controlling, implementing and closing,
- The role of the Sponsor and the Project Manager with respect to team, client and stakeholder communications,
- Common project management terminology, basic principles and fundamentals for the 5 process groups and 10 knowledge areas as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI),
- How to apply project planning and control techniques in the workplace.
Click for the full program outline.
Strong project management skills are fundamental to a municipal employee’s success and I encourage anyone who needs to improve or refresh these skills to attend this professional training delivered by Ward & Uptigrove, who are experts in the municipal sector and managing large projects.
Derrick Thomson, CAO, Town of Minto
This course is suitable for beginners with no prior knowledge of project management and/or seasoned project managers looking to refine their practices or adopt additional tools. Participants will come away with some practical tools and knowledge for more efficient project planning and delivery.
This session is held Thursday and Friday mornings over 4 weeks as follows
- November 19 - 8:30 to 10:30 am instructor led session
- November 20 - 8:30 to 10:30 am instructor led session, 10:30 to 11:30 am group work session
- November 26 - 8:30 to 10:30 am instructor led session
- November 27 - 8:30 to 10:30 am instructor led session, 10:30 to 11:30 am group work session
- December 3 - 8:30 to 10:30 am instructor led session
- December 4 - 8:30 to 10:30 am instructor led session, 10:30 to 11:30 am group work session
- December 10 - 8:30 to 10:30 am instructor led session
- December 11 - 8:30 to 10:30 am instructor led session
All participants will receive an acknowledgment of 20 hours of project management training which could be credited towards PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
* Register by October 30, 2020 to receive the early bird price of $925 per person.
* Groups of three or more from the same municipality receive a volume discount of $875 each before October 30, 2020 or $925 after.
To participate in this virtual learning program, you will need:
- A computer with webcam, microphone and speakers.
- Zoom Basic software (free) loaded onto your computer.
- Sufficient internet bandwidth.
- A private space so you can speak and hear the audio.
- All content is proprietary and copyrighted, all information is provided for personal use, therefore participants must agree to not record any session.
For any questions or for assistance with setting up or testing software, hardware or internet connection, you may contact HRresults@w-u.on.ca or (519) 291-3040 ext. 2603.